Project Concern Update
Project Concern is a utility assistance program established by the City of Fort Smith to provide relief to low‐income customers who use utility services solely for residential purposes.
The U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines have been updated as of January 15, 2020. This update is reflected in the City’s Project Concern income limits. See if you qualify!
The program allows eligible participants to receive the following discounts:
- Water Services – 50% of base charge
- Sewer Services – 50% rate discount
- Sanitation Services – 19% discount
Download the Project Concern application and guidelines through the button.
Application packets can be picked up in person at the following Fort Smith locations:
- Utility Offices – 801 Carnall Avenue
- City Offices – 623 Garrison Avenue
- Antioch for Youth & Family – 1122 N 11th Street
- United Way – 120 N 13th St
Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP)
To qualify for the program, homeowners must meet both of the requirements below:
- Must have a defect for Infiltration and Inflow or “I&I” – This happens when rainwater enters your private sewer line through a pipe defect and then flows into the City’s sewer system. This can cause the sewer system to overflow.
- Must be a low-income homeowner according to the SEP Eligibility Income Limits. Eligibility will be determined by reviewing the combined gross income of all persons living in your home.
Download the SEP application and guidelines through the button.
Application packets can be picked up in person at 801 Carnall Avenue.
TEMPORARY UTILITY PAYMENT PLAN OPTION
Some customers with delinquent utility accounts may qualify for a temporary payment plan.
Disconnects for non-payment of utility bills resumes February 2020.
City of Fort Smith Utility Department
623 Garrison Ave
Fort Smith, AR 72901
Phone: (479) 784-2262 | Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Online Payments: accounts.fortsmithar.gov